Saturday, November 6, 2010

Busy weeks ahead

I did well for myself, I believe, over the past couple of days. The only thing "off diet" I had was some chex mix last night, but who can resist chex mix?

At the advice of my mother, which I told her to post as a comment rather than just telling me, I am adding more protein to the diet. I started today with oatmeal (plain) with chopped walnuts and raisins mixed in with a bit of brown sugar.

Today starts the baking for Christmas again and I've got a ton of recipies that I need to get through. I will try my best to leave the "mistakes" for the kids or Tom.

Speaking of which, I should be able to get quite a bit done today with laundry, cleaning, and baking since Tom and the boys are Christmas shopping today with the grandmas. Quiet days mean for getting things done around here!

When I spoke with Sylvia (my mother in law) this morning, we agreed that besides having a maid, it would be wonderful to have a personal chef to plan out all the meals and to have it on the table when we get home from working all day. I wonder if IBM has invented a "Rosie" from the Jetson's yet. We could all be so lucky.

Next week is Helen's concert week. She's got a choir and orhestra concert for school on the 11th and then orchestra practice on the 9th & 13th and concerts on the 13th and 14th. She's also got a lesson tomorrow in Northfield and a girl scout meeting tomorrow night. So, we're going to be running over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment